GoldSilver.com RSS Feeds RSS Feeds From GoldSilver.com
- World Gold Council Says India ‘Strong Pillar of Support’ for Gold Marketon February 6, 2023 at 8:56 pm
India was the largest consumer of gold before being overtaken by China in 2009. In 2021 India bought 611t of gold jewellery, second only to China (673t) but comfortably ahead of all other gold-consuming markets, a recent World Gold Council report revealed.
- Gold Prices Finish Higher After Falling to a 3-Week Low: MWon February 6, 2023 at 8:47 pm
Gold prices finish higher on Monday after tumbling to their lowest level in three weeks following Friday’s surprising strong jobs report, which helped send…
- Legislators Seek Repeal of Wisconsin’s Controversial Sales Tax on Gold and Silveron February 6, 2023 at 8:44 pm
A large bipartisan contingent of Wisconsin legislators seek to end Wisconsin’s controversial practice of levying sales tax on purchases of gold and silver.
- The Dollar and Treasury Yields Extended Declines Last Week, Pushing Gold Higheron February 6, 2023 at 8:43 pm
Turkey was the biggest buyer of gold among central banks last year, with households also rushing to buy the commodity to shield from geopolitical uncertainty and rampant inflation.
- The Fed’s Portfolio Is Nonexistent: The Fed Does Not Invest. It Destroys Investmentson February 6, 2023 at 8:14 pm
When I first took academic courses in macroeconomics and money and banking, we covered the actions of the Federal Reserve System. One of the things we constantly were told about the government’s “monetary policy” was that when the Fed wanted to increase or decrease the monetary base, it would involve its “portfolio.”